ABOUT KARNATAKA STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY
The Karnataka State Open University, Mysore – a pioneer in the sphere of distance education in India, has great pleasure in greeting you at its worldwide portal here. For an institution whose very building blocks are Openness and Universality, nothing more Open and more Universal could have happened than this worldwide website.
The Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-known organization
- The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi,
- Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi,
- Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London UK,
- Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China,
- And also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
National – International Recognition
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent of His Excellency Honorable Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academic year 1996 vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 (KSOU Act – 1992). The Act was promulgated with the object to incorporate an Open University at the State level for the introduction and promotion of Open University and Distance Education systems in the education pattern of the State and for the Co-ordination and determination of standard of such systems.
- With the virtue of KSOU Act of 1992, Karnataka State Open University is empowered to establish, maintain or recognize Colleges, Regional Centers and Study Centers at such places in Karnataka and may also open outside Karnataka at such places as it deems fit.
- Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, has accorded recognition to Karnataka State Open University, Mysore for offering Programmes / Courses approved by the Statutory bodies of the University. Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) (Revised notification F. No. DEC/OU/Recog./2008).